Sunday, March 1, 2009

Domain Driven Design and Development with Spring Portfolio

I gave a presentation at Ann Arbor Java User Group (AAJUG) last Tuesday on "Domain Driven Design and Development with Spring Portfolio". The presentation went very well with great discussion and feedback from the attendees.

David at AAJUG has been leading the user group meetings, speakers, and presentation. AAJUG has been an active Java user group for last several years. I want to thank David and the group members for the opportunity to speak at JUG meeting.

In the presentation, I focused on the Domain-Driven Design (DDD) implementation aspects using Spring projects like Spring IoC, Spring AOP and Spring Security. I also talked about enforcing architecture rules in DDD applications. I briefly talked about the role of code generation in a DDD application which included a quick demo using tools like Eclipse EMF and openArchitectureWare (oAW).

Here are some of the items I talked about:

  • Domain Driven Design & Development
  • Spring Portfolio
  • Dependency Injection (DI)
  • Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP)
  • Role of Custom Annotations in DDD
  • Spring Security
  • Architecture Enforcement (Demo)
  • Code Generation (Demo)

I have uploaded to SlideShare web site. You can view the presentation slides on the site. Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback for improvement of the presentation.

No comments: